‘Twas the night before Christmas when all through our home,
We anxiously awaited the arrival of a special gnome.
Everyone was sleeping just like a log,
Everyone that is except for our dog!
Our stockings were hung on the wall nice and neat,
We anxiously awaited the arrival of a special gnome.
Everyone was sleeping just like a log,
Everyone that is except for our dog!
Our stockings were hung on the wall nice and neat,

We even left a plate of fresh cookie for Santa to eat.

David was snuggled warm and comfy in his bed,
With visons of Transformers dancing in his head.

As mom cuddled with me she yawned and she sighed,
I wanted to sleep but there was a commotion outside.

Out on the lawn we heard this great sound,
I sprung from the bed and to the window I did bound.
I opened the window and looked all around,
Then I was shocked to see a man so jolly and round.
The moonlight glistened on his belt so bright,
I soon then remembered “This is Christmas night!”

I saw all the reindeer and a sleigh overflowing.
There were boxes, and dolls, and toy cars all showing.
Faster than an arrow his reindeer they came.
With a shout and a jingle he called them each by name.
First there was Dasher, then Dancer, then Prancer and Vixen.
Last but not least he called Comet, Cupid, Donner, and Blitzen.
Around in a circle he disappeared with a poof!
He then reappeared on top of our roof.

The jolly old elf parked his carriage and got out.
I would soon learn what his intentions were about.
He went to the door and opened it with a key,
My mind raced with wonder “what did he bring for me?”

I raced down the steps and hid behind a wall,
From this place I could see it all.
The plump old man wore a suit bright red.
“Now what belongs here” he said.
He reached into his sack and pulled out a box,
I hoped for a minute “please no more socks!”
He tiptoed around quiet as can be
And placed several presents under the Christmas tree.

As he finished his delivery he stopped and he looked,
Then he laughed out loud as his belly shook.
Content with leaving lots of treats and toys,
The merry old man thought of the happy girls and boys.
His cheeks were red like cherries,
His beard white like snow.
“Just one more cookie then I must go!”
He finished his snack and closed up his sack.
With the strength of a giant he slung it onto his back.
With a snap of his fingers and a wink of his eye,
It was time now for Santa to say goodbye.
He climbed into his sleigh then gave a shout.
His team of reindeer pranced about.
A few quick steps then up in flight
The sleigh and the reindeer flew into the night.
He exclaimed before he raced out of my sight
“Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!”

2 comments:
This is cute Jenny...did you make it up yourself?? I'm impressed:) Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!
Sarah, yes it's an original!! hope you had a great christmas.
Post a Comment