Today Miss Riegel invited al of the Mom's into the classroom to celebrate Mother's Day! First the kids made a tree with heart leaves. Each child wrote what their Mom is to them...Dave's heart leaf said "My Mom is Fun!"
Next the kids were divided into 3 groups and each group read a poem to all the Mom's. Dave poem was as follows...
Mommy, I Love You
Mommy, I love you
For all that you do.
I'll kiss you and hug you
'Cause you love me, too.
You feed me and need me
To teach you to play,
So smile 'cause I love you
On this Mother's Day.
And then together we made a little craft.
WE traced each others hands and then each wrote five adjectives to describe each other.
Dave drew a fabulous picture of me!
And made me this very nice flower.
A piece of me
I give to you.
I painted this flower
To say "I love you."
The heart is you,
The hand is me,
To show we are friends-
The best there can be.
I hope you will save it
And look back some day
At the flower we shared
On your special day.
And Dave gave me a very special Mother's Day card!
Thank you Dave for a great Mother's Day celebration today at school!!
No comments:
Post a Comment