Tonight was Kindergarten Orientation for the Am class at Seylar Elementary.
Entering his new school for the first time! The highlight of the whole night was that his class has a pet
. . . TURTLE!! I know exactly where my kid will be during independent time in the morning, watching the class turtle, Twinkles. Along with Twinkles the turtle, the class has fish, a frog, and cocoons, soon to be butterflies. Dave was great he was right up there with all the other kids and did not even hesitate once when the kids went to library while the parents stayed behind to learn more about the upcoming year.
Tonight Dave got his name tag that he will be wearing the first few weeks of school. A little book bag, through out the year he will get new letter books to add to his folder. A red folder to bring home his project from school and to send back important papers in. And we got a parent's survival kit for the first day of kindergarten. I don't think I'll need it, Dave is ready to go!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment