Tuesday, June 12, 2012

To My First Grade Stars...

First grade flew by so fast,
But I love to look back on the past.
You've learned so much and so have I,
The success you've had is sky high!
From fish, to worms, and memorizing basic facts,
to fractions, to fact families, and learning how to subtract,
poems, paragraphs, and stories galore,
My only wish is to have time for more!
Room 2, you have al made me so proud,
I just want to shout it out loud!
Every day each one of you added so much,
The class wouldn't be the same without your special touch!

Ashley is an excellent artist and creative as can be,
Joey is all smiles and laughs, I think we'd all agree!
Steven is very quick in a race, you should watch him fly,
Anna is a great friend and certainly sweet as pie!
Natalie and Haleigh love to sing and they are awesome dancers too,
Corissa works to perfection and would never have a book overdue!
Caleb knows all of the tricks and secrets so
we call him the computer king,
Anothony has quite a voice, you should hear him sing!
Chloe loves animals with her heart of gold,
David is the Skylanders expert, or so I am told!
Braeden tells us store is of his very famous pets,
Carlee loves to be a bucket filler and is the best organizer yet!
Giovanni knows the school so well he could be a tour guide,
Lilyana and Jacob enjoy runnig and playing outside!
Through the year Tyler and Philip were our football experts,
Eve always wears the cutest shoes and matching shirts!
John and Marley are all smiles and love to come to school,
Mia is very well behaved and woudn't break a rule!
Hope has great focus when she completes a complicated task,
Shawn is interested in school and always has a question to ask!

Each of you is so special, it's easy to see,
You are incredible and mean so much to me.
Please keep in touch, don't forget to write,
I'll be you pen pal -it will be dynamite!
Summer has arrived so have fun in the sun,
You deserve it after a year full of jobs so well done!

I'll miss you all!  Lots of love, Miss Riegel

No comments: