Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Jim Henson's Fantastic World


Today, Nan took us to see Jim Henson's Fantastic World at the James Michener Art Museum. It was so neat to see Kermit the frog, along with some other friends... Bert and Ernie, Fraggles, Rowolf, King Goshposh and Featherstone. We also, saw of Jim Henson's sketches and ideas. Sorry you weren't allowed to photograph the muppets.

Dave making his own muppet design.

Nan thought that it would be funny to try to eat this giant piece of cheese!


I'll leave you with a few quotes from Jim Henson.

"One of the nice things about puppets is that it's your own hand in there. You can make it do anything you want it to."

"As children, we all live in a world of imagination, of fantasy, and for some of us that world or make-believe continues into adulthood."

4 comments:

Trish said...

I love the last quote and I do believe that I live in a Jim Henson sort of world!

Melissa Swartley said...

I love the photos from Caitlin Domanico! They are beautiful!!! Looks like you all had a blast at the Mitchner! How long is that exhibit there? We would love to check it out!

Jenny said...

Melissa it runs till Nov 29th. click the link in the post to get all the info.

Anonymous said...

I thought the security guard told you that you were not allowed to take pictures. Rule breaker! I can't believe that I married someone that doesn't follow the rules.