Sunday, August 30, 2009

The beach!!


Chris woke up to today and decided that it would be a good day to take Dave to the beach today! So we were off to Sea Isle City! This is where Chris went to the beach as a kid.

First thing first to find some shells to bring home.

Look at this big one!

Going into the ocean for the first time!

This is fun, let's go in further!

He did end up going into the water up to about his chest. Of course we were with him.

"Come on Mommy, your turn for the ocean!"

"I'll hold your hand so you don't fall over in the waves!"

Chris showing Dave that if he digs a hole they can get water from the ocean to make wet sand to build a sandcastle.

"I'll dig the hole!!"

Filling the molds.

"This is how you fill it. Daddy."

A few molds were made, but then Dave thought it would be more fun to smash them!

Back in the ocean to wash off the sand.

"Let's go for another walk on the beach."

"WHOA! The waves got very BIG!"

But that didn't stop Dave from wanting to walk in them.

"Look my name on the beach!"

After, spending a few hours on the beach, we went to Ocean City to visit the boardwalk for a little bit. Dave of course wanted to ride some of the rides. First was the airplanes!

Taking off!

I think he was trying to make the car go faster here.

But the fire trucks were much faster than the cars.

Dave talked Chris into going on the yellow submarine with him.

Getting ready to go up.

And then they tried the spinning bears.

And then Dave wanted to be boat captain.

Notice the name of his boat that he chose.

And the last ride a train ride with me.

What a great day at the beach full of memories to last a lifetime!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time! And you got some great pictures.

Anonymous said...

Great boat choice, Dave! Looks like a fun day---you are soon ready for the Carribean!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'll join him in the Carribean! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! I'm so glad Dave got to go to the shore. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Melissa Swartley said...

So cute! Awesome beach pictures! Is Dave's favorite color blue? Akela loves blue and just had to ride the blue boat and the blue plane at the boardwalk this year! She just told me that "Hey, that little boy is on my plane and my boat!" Haha! Looks like he had a great time! Lot's of fun!

Sarah K said...

Looks like fun! I have some of the same pictures of the boys in the rides but our computer is still down and I can't work off Mitch's...so...it may be awhile but I'll get them up someday! Anyway we'll have to get together again!

Julie Shilane said...

Great photos of you and Chris with Dave walking towards the ocean. I'm glad you had a fun time.