Thursday, July 17, 2008

Elmwood Park Zoo with Caleb and Noah

Today we planned to get together with Dave's best friend Caleb and Caleb's little brother Noah. We planned to go to the Elmwood Park Zoo. Caleb and Noah are my friend Sarah's little boys. Sarah and I became friends shortly after having Dave and Caleb. Dave and Caleb's birthdays are only a few months apart. We try to get the boys together about once a month, but with scheduling two families sometimes it's a little bit longer. Dave just loves getting to see Caleb. Sarah also has a blog that we check out so that Dave can see what the boys are up too.

It's hard to get three boys under the age of four to all look at the camera at the same time, but two out of three isn't bad.

Of course, the day we chose to get together at the zoo was the first day of a heat wave. Although it was hot it was not too bad in the morning and most of the zoo is shaded. All the boys loved seeing the animals. Of course everyone had their favorites. Dave loved the porcupines. Today they were eating carrots instead of sleeping so that was a little different to see. Caleb loved the goats and sheep. I heard that he even got to feed one! (We had left a little bit earlier that Sarah and the boys did. Dave wanted to head out to get lunch.) I'm not sure which was Noah's favorite. He seemed to be happy just looking at everything and eating some snacks. Sarah and I both liked the prairie dogs the best. They are just so cute.


Here are a few pictures of the animals that we saw today. Both Sarah and I tried to take Dave's picture, but I guess he was a little camera shy today. Once he was able to be a turtle we were allowed to take his picture, but that was the only time.



Some new baby long horns!! Aren't they cute! We didn't see them last week so they must be very new to zoo.





Some sleeping otters. It looked like we just missed them in the water.





We also saw some lazy cougars. They were very intently watching the little birds that had flown into the cage with them. Dave was waiting for them to catch the birds.


Sarah, Caleb, and Noah, thanks for going to the zoo with us today. We had a lot of fun. On the way home Dave was asking if you could go with us again. So whenever you are ready for another trip just let us know!!

1 comment:

Sarah K said...

Love the blog:) I talked to Shelley last night and she was wondering about Aug 21 for a zoo date?? I'm free that day so let me know if you guys are too and we can plan on it!